Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Attorney/Forensic Examiner Language Barrier

I have spent much of my life explaining technical issues to less tech-savvy people, so I know first-hand how important it is.  As with most specializations, the mentality and language is simply different than how most people think and speak.  I know when I put on my general ledger thinking cap, the word debit has a different meaning than it does to most debit-card using consumers.  This article at the ExForensics blog explains and helps clarify some of the verbiage that is often misunderstood when a computer forensics type communicates with a member of the attorney or e-discovery party.  I highly recommend this article for both attorneys and computer forensics people.  At the very least, you need to know that some words (i.e. "copy") need clarification.

Article Link: Attorneys are from Mars, Computer Forensics People are from Pluto

No comments:

Post a Comment